Blindtiger Design is a collaborative, fast growing and highly creative company focused on all things craft. Our unique projects require off-centered thinking and industry knowledge that goes far beyond design aesthetic. We provide our clients with brand strategy, innovative marketing solutions, and functional design to support their growing businesses. Clients range from start-up companies/brands to large multi-brand clients. Core offerings include brand builds, package design, marketing/sales collateral and digital services (websites and motion graphics). Our work environment is focused, fast-paced, and energetic and we have a lot of fun juggling multiple projects simultaneously (most of which are for breweries).
Our team works hard, with a casual no-ego attitude and a passion for the amazing clients we support. We are a small team of creative and passionate folks that love what we do and are looking forward to expanding our team with someone who can see themselves as a part of our family.
Everyone here embodies and appreciates the following attributes:
- DRIVE | internally motivated / passionate and positive effort / desire to seek best ways to achieve goals (individual and group wide)
- CURIOSITY | a sponge for our immediate and outside community surroundings / problem solving both big and small / innovative thinking
- CULTURE | committed to the culture of collaboration within our team and with the broader community we work with
- SKILLS | technical skills to execute goals / desire to expand skills / appreciation for thinking beyond the tools themselves
- COMMUNICATION | honest, direct and articulate / ability to share a narrative and idea with the team and with clients
Ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion and an internal drive to act on your passions.
- Hold your own and contribute without much direction, but feed off the energy of others and love to collaborate.
- Can tell the difference between an IPA and Pale Ale, but you aren't a beer snob!
- Laugh at silly jokes and sometimes yourself.
- Recognize the strength of a brand experience expands far beyond its visual assets and applications.
- Thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment in which you can jump from print to digital, strategy to production, director to doer.
- Excel at working on a collaborative team, crave feedback and critique and know that ego will only impede the possibilities.
- Have leadership abilities — both in working with a team of designers as well as with clients.
- Be responsible for the execution of hands-on creative work - taking projects from concept to paper to computer to presentation to production.
- Design like a chameleon — being able to creatively execute in a wide range of styles from traditional, to modern, to edgy, etc.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills - comfortable with client presentations and relationships.
- Be pro-active, dedicated and ambitious with a sense of humor and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Support strategic, conceptual and design development of multiple small and large-scale projects.
About the position:
- Provide hands-on conceptual design, production and execution for a variety of projects including brand systems.
- Effectively communicate to ensure design objectives, timelines, production and delivery is met and prioritized — our work has fast timelines
- Demonstrate a commitment to delivering the client's brand through the briefing process, concepts and final solution.
- Cultivate an understanding of industry trends and regularly share your insights with the company.
- Provide alternative solutions and lateral thinking to stretch boundaries and redefine creativity.
- 3+ years of creative / design experience including being part of a team environment
- Solid knowledge of graphic art print production both from the visual communication standpoint, as well as technical production knowledge
- Affinity for and attention to detail required
- Traditional illustration skills (yes...an ACTUAL pen & pencil!)
- Able to develop powerful visual presentations with both strong design and aesthetic effectiveness
- Fun, beer-centric working environment in Ballard, Seattle.
- 3 month contract with FTE opportunity at contract end.
To apply for the position:
Send the following to email@example.com
YOU: Please submit a letter that gives us a feel for who you are, what you do, why you are interested in applying and what your interests/passions are. We want to know YOU not just your work. Give us a glimpse of your personality!
EXPERIENCE: Along with a link to your web portfolio, please submit a PDF presentation with work examples that show us your diversity in style, quality of work, and type of work that excites you. Please also include a resume with any other details as to your experience as a creative.