Blindtiger Design is a collaborative and highly creative company focused on all things food and beverage. Our unique projects require off-centered thinking and industry knowledge that goes far beyond design aesthetic. We provide our clients with brand strategy, innovative marketing solutions, and functional design to support their growing businesses. Clients range from start-up companies/brands to large multi-brand clients. Core offerings include brand builds, package design, marketing/sales collateral and digital services (websites and motion graphics). Our work environment is focused, fast-paced, and energetic and we have a lot of fun juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
Our team works hard, with a casual no-ego attitude and a passion for the amazing clients we support. We are a small team of creative and passionate folks that love what we do and are looking forward to expanding our team with someone who can see themselves as a part of our family.
Ideal candidate embodies and appreciates the following attributes:
- Internally motivated / passionate and positive effort / desire to seek best ways to achieve goals (individual and group wide)
- Technical skills to execute goals / desire to expand skills / appreciation for thinking beyond the tools themselves
- Honest, direct and articulate / ability to share a narrative and idea with the team and with clients
- Hold your own and contribute without much direction; feed off the energy of others and excel with collaboration; crave feedback and critique and know that ego will only impede the possibilities.
- Recognize the strength of a brand experience expands far beyond its visual assets and applications.
- Thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment in which you can jump from print to digital, strategy to production, director to doer.
- Design like a chameleon — being able to creatively execute in a wide range of styles from traditional, to modern, to edgy, etc.
- Effectively communicate to ensure design objectives, timelines, production and delivery is met and prioritized — our work has fast timelines!
- Solid knowledge of graphic art print production both from the visual communication standpoint, as well as technical production knowledge
- Able to develop powerful visual presentations with both strong design, aesthetic and communication effectiveness
- Team Player: Enjoys working collaboratively with team members, and knows that ego will impede the creative process.
- Communication: With team members for critique and questions, managing projects to remain on tight timelines, and speaking with clients to communicate ideas and listen to feedback.
- Drive: Can be independent and has desire and drive to always create the most successful and thorough creative solutions.
- Technical Skills: Must have significant experience with Adobe Illustrator for creating artwork and typography. We encourage multi-disciplinary approaches to creating art as a team, from traditional drawing to digital painting and photo manipulation, and encourage unique styles. Regardless of creative approach, most of our projects need vector assets, so designers require the ability to translate artwork into a vector format for final deliverables. Adobe Photoshop experience is also required, and fluency in Adobe InDesign is needed for layout and presentation creation.
To apply for the position, send the following to email@example.com
YOU: Please submit a letter that gives us a feel for who you are, what you do, why you are interested in applying and what your interests/passions are. We want to know YOU not just your work. Give us a glimpse of your personality!
EXPERIENCE: Along with a link to your web portfolio, please submit a PDF presentation with work examples that show us your diversity in style, quality of work, and type of work that excites you.
Please also include a resume with any other details as to your experience as a creative.
Blindtiger is a design studio specializing in craft beverages and we’re looking for a Brand Manager to join our studio in Seattle’s Ballard neighborhood. We build brands, create standout packaging, find creative solutions to our clients’ problems—and frequently dork out about beer. We’re a small but mighty team where everyone wears a lot of hats and jumps up when the task calls for it.
About the Role
This position is the liaison between our design team and our clients. Our Brand Managers serve as client advocates, project managers, art directors as well as experts in our clients’ fields (which isn’t always beer, but it’s usually beer). They’re passionate about their clients and finding the right design solutions for their needs. Constantly multi-tasking, Brand Managers are organized enough to make sure deadlines don’t get missed and projects don’t fall through the cracks, while providing forward thinking as an extension of our client’s internal team.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Provide design feedback to propel a project forward
- Show attention to detail tracking project details across internal systems
- Capture needs that a client expresses, and predict the ones that they aren’t thinking of yet
- Keep an eye on the big picture and how each small project fits into it
- Spot an error on a presentation before sending it to a client
- Guide a project from kick-off to completion
- Communicate design to non-design people
- Lead in-person or digital client presentations
- Track print deadlines and prioritize projects accordingly
- Communicate with print vendors to ensure quality
- Apply previous experience with beer/beverage industry Wholesale and Retail Channels
Does this sound like you? Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Brand Manager” and what you’re currently drinking in the subject line. Tell us why you’re a fit for this role, what related work you’ve done, and why you’re passionate about the beverage industry.