On-location in Seattle, WA
BLINDTIGER Design is a collaborative, fast growing and highly creative company focused on all things craft. Our unique projects require off-centered thinking and industry knowledge that goes far beyond design aesthetic. We provide our clients with brand strategy, innovative marketing solutions, and functional design to support their growing businesses. Core offerings include brand builds, package design, marketing/sales collateral and digital services (websites and motion graphics). Our work environment is focused, fast-paced, and energetic and we have a lot of fun juggling multiple projects simultaneously (most of which are for breweries).
Our team works hard, with a casual no-ego attitude and a passion for the amazing clients we support. We are looking for another designer to join our collaborative team.
AS A DESIGNER, YOU WILL:
- Support strategic, conceptual and design development of multiple small and large-scale projects. Clients range from small start-ups to large multi-brand companies.
- Responsible for the execution of hands-on creative work—taking projects from concept to presentation to production.
- Design like a chameleon - being able to creatively execute in a wide range of styles from traditional, to modern, to edgy, etc.
- Be proactive, dedicated and ambitious with a sense of humor and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Effectively communicate with the team to ensure design objectives, timelines, production and delivery updates are both met and prioritized for each project. Much of our work has fast turnaround timelines.
- Demonstrate a commitment to delivering the client's brand through the briefing process, concepts and final solution.
- Cultivate an understanding of industry trends and regularly share your insights with the company.
- You are an organized, efficient, and driven person who knows how to jump in and get things done no matter the challenge.
- You are self-directed, proactive, confident and creative, with the ability to think critically, take direction and receive constructive feedback
- Hold your own and contribute without much direction, but feed off the energy of others and love to collaborate.
- Recognize the strength of a brand experience expands far beyond its visual assets and applications.
- Thrive in a dynamic, constantly evolving, multi-disciplinary environment in which you can jump from print to digital, strategy to production, director to doer.
- Excel at working on a collaborative team, crave feedback and critique and know that ego will only impede the possibilities.
- You have creative / design experience including being part of a collaborative team environment
- Solid knowledge of graphic art print production both from the visual communication standpoint, as well as technical production knowledge. (we are not a digital house...we do a lot of print work!)
- Traditional illustration skills (yes...an ACTUAL pen & pencil!)
- Proven ability to create powerful visual presentations with both strong design and aesthetic effectiveness
- Affinity for and attention to detail required
- Fun, beer-centric working environment in Ballard, Seattle
- 3 Month Contract, 40 hours a week with core business hours Tuesday thru Friday (four 10 hour days)
- FTE opportunity at contract close
- Email email@example.com with the subject line "Designer" along with your favorite beverage in the subject line.
- In the body of the email, please include a 300-600 word letter that gives us a feel for who you are, what you do, why you are interested in applying and what your interests/passions are. We want to know YOU not just your work. Give us a glimpse of your personality and aspirations!
- Along with a link to your web portfolio, please submit a PDF with work examples that show us your diversity in style, quality of work, and type of work that excites you. Please also include a resume highlighting career experience as well as any relevant skills, hobbies, or leadership experience as it relates to this role.
- Initial screenings will include phone interviews, after which qualified candidates will be asked to come in for an introductory interview, and will be required to take a short test.